Our Location

History of the Nantucket Building

The offices of Niekamp, Weisensell, Mutersbaugh & Mastrantonio, LLP are located in the Nantucket Building on Main Street, directly across from the Federal Building & Courthouse, in Akron’s own Historic District. The true heyday for Akron’s historic district was in the 1920s when it was known to be the crossroads of downtown.

 

Geographically speaking, the north end of the city was situated along the Canal Valley Rail Line that linked Cleveland, Akron and Canton. Thus, this area served as the front door to the city and was home to an abundance of farmers markets, banks, shops and cultural landmarks. In 1899, the original Nantucket Building burned down and was rebuilt as a courthouse by Judge W.B. Doyle.

 

The building has enjoyed a colorful history. After a decline in the 1980s and 1990s, the intersection of Main and Market, and the entire surrounding area, has once again become a prime business locaton in Akron, and a great place for us to work, and practice law, and serve our clients.