- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Other Professional Malpractice
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Uninsured and Underinsured Claims
- Automobile Accident and Collision Cases
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Drug and Medical Device Litigation
- Business Litigation Including Non-compete Litigation
- Appellate Practice
John C. ("Jack") Weisensell is licensed to practice law in Ohio, Florida, the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio, Eastern District of Michigan, and Northern District of Illinois, the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Jack graduated from The College of Wooster in 1981 and from The Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University in 1985. Following graduation from Cleveland State, Jack accepted a position as a law clerk to the Honorable Paul C. Weick with the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
After completion of his one year term with the Sixth Circuit, Jack took a position with Amer Cunningham Brennan, Co., LPA and remained at the firm for eighteen years earning partner status in 1994.
In 2004, Jack left Amer Cunningham to join the firm that is now Weisensell, Mastrantonio & Niese, LLP. Jack's practice has been primarily focused on civil litigation and appellate practice, in both state and federal courts. He has tried personal injury, medical malpractice, and commercial litigation matters in dozens of counties in the State of Ohio as well as many other states.
Notably, Jack briefed, argued, and won a case in the United States Supreme Court. He is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Jack is recognized as an Ohio "Superlawyer", a peer reviewed recognition, and he has had that designation for several years now. Jack is also a member of Litigation Counsel of America, a close-knit, peer-selected, and aggressively diverse honorary society of 3,500 of the best trial lawyers you will find anywhere. Less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers, vigorously vetted for skills, expertise, and service; an invitation-only collegial network of lawyers who effectively represent clients across North America and around the world. He is also a member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and he has an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell meaning that he has reached the highest level of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest level of skill and integrity.
Jack has also lectured both locally and statewide on issues related to trial tactics and ethics. He has also authored for Ohio Trial and has been guest legal commentator on radio shows in Cleveland, OH, Akron, OH and on Long Island.
Jack has served as President of the Akron Bar Association, President of the Summit County Trial Lawyers Association nka Summit County Association for Justice, and has served on the Board of Trustees of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Akron Bar Association, and the Akron Bar Foundation. Jack is currently the Immediate Past President of the Akron Bar Association and is on the Board of Trustees of the Akron Bar Association.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 1985
- College of Wooster
- B.A. - 1981
- Florida, 1986
- Ohio, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Summit County Trial Lawyers Association
- Summit County Trial Lawyers Association, President
- Summit County Association for Justice, President
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Board of Trustees
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Summit County Trial Lawyers Association, Sustaining Member
- Litigation Counsel of America
- National Conference of Bar Presidents
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
- “Dealing with a Defense Private Investigator", Ohio Lawyer Magazine, 2001
- Ohio Super Lawyers List
- George Williams Leadership Award, Cuyahoga Falls YMCA
- Community Service Award, Ohio State Bar Foundation
- Akron Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Amer Cunningham Co., L.P.A., Shareholder, 2000 to 2004
- Amer Cunningham Co., L.P.A., Partner, 1994 to 2000
- Amer Cunningham Co., L.P.A., Associate, 1986 to 1994
- Honorable Paul C. Weick, United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, Law Clerk, 1985 to 1986
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2000